Thursday 20 August 2009

Well!

I really am not so good at keeping up with this am I? I have (kind of) got yet another excuse; We have had loads of visitors so I have been kept busy seeing them, helping out in the kitchen, looking after small, over excited children etc etc. Also, my Dads other children stayed for a few nights and EVERYONE has wanted to use the computer. If wasn't dull though, and I have enjoyed seeing everybody again after what is literally years - in the case of my half-brother, about 10!

I suppose my other excuse is, as you can see, having re-done my blog. Yippee! I am very pleased, although there is too much pink. I have nothing against pink, but there is a little too much. The header still wont work though which is driving me nuts. If anyone can help please, please comment! I know nothing about HTML and stuff so am really stuck about what to do.

Ok, excuses aside, I shall begin today's blog.

One quick thing before I start my main drivel and you fall asleep. I have new nail varnish! It is called 'Coral Romance' and is a lovely dark coraly-red. It is nothing like the colour they have put on the website but I think is the one in the picture. I love it so incredibly much but my nails have all broken and I am mourning them, so it is not the time for bright colours.


I have been in a fit of 'creativity' recently, after rediscovering that I have a massive box of little bags of seed beads in many.many different colours. I then set to work finding all the wire, pliers, thread, elastic, other beadas and little metal finding that I had lying around. When I was a couple of years younger I bough a whole load of beads, some metal findings and nicked my mums pliers (they suffice) and made loads of jewellry. Mainly earrings for my mum and step-mum as I did not have pierced ears.

Then the workload (at school) started and I didn't have the time. Now, after re-finding them I have vowed to put some time aside to continue my jewellry making as I happen to be OK at it. I started by making about a thousand elasticated bead bracelets, a necklace for my mum and a charm bracelet for myself. I will post photos when I can. I didn't bring the stuff with me to my Dad's (where I am now) but Jan (my step mum) told me she had a whole load of 'supplies' she didn't want any more. I was estatic! I now have enough wire, headpins and earring hooks to last me well into the next century, providing I dont want more than one pair of earrings a day. Aaaanway, the long and long of it is I have spent a hunge amount of time looking stuff up on the internet and you should be facing incredible amounts of photos when I get back home to nick my mums camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment