Tuesday 11 August 2009

Finally

This is a REAL post. I promise. Well, ish anyway.

First of all I am going to ramble on a bit about various new trends that I love. Then I shall squel excitedly about supposedly trivial things such as new nail polish etc.

There's this fierce, punky, black, grunge, leather thing going on all over the place which I really like. I loved the Roberto Cavalli a/w collection with all the different textures to stop the black being boring. First two photos; Roberto Cavalli a/w 09. Second two; Julien Macdonald a/w 09. I thought both were gorgeous and I want the whole lot.



Something else that seems to be an on-going thing across several shows was a kind of 80's thing but glammed up. So big shoulders with jewel colours and sequins teamed with structured and tailored items. And more black, but not so much of it. I, as ever, adore the Dolce and Gabbana ads in magazines. I think they are in fact works of art. But I think that this one, especially, is divine. Completely unwearable, but divine. Image; part of the D&G a/w 09 ad campaign.


0 comments:

Post a Comment